The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Step 1)
The GREEN APPLE series is composed of illustrated graded readers. The readers are graded into three levels - Starter, Step 1 and Step 2 - according to structural and lexical criteria, as well as by choice of subject matter.
• introduction about the author and his/her times
• wide variety of interesting activities to promote understanding of the text, as well as all four language skills, lexis and sociocultural awareness and knowledge
• activities in the style of the Cambridge ESOL and Trinity exams
• informative and fascinating cross-curricular dossiers, which explore the historical and cultural background of the text
• a recording on CD of the text in British or American English, with extra listening activities
• extensive vocabulary footnotes, often illustrated
• exit tests (usually in Cambridge ESOL exam format)
• guided internet projects
An answer key and an additional exit test for each reader are available online as a PDF file at the Black Cat website. Further info on grading can be found in the 'The Black Cat Guide to Graded Readers'.